BFKC database.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
May 17th, 2024, 4:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Login Login
Forum ring: BFKC   |   Klach D'kel Brakt   |   TF44 Klingons   |   Crazy Horse   |   TF86   |   Post counts

Bravo Fleet Klingon ConnectionKlingon CultureLectures « No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Qu'Daj ta'taHvIS Hegh 'e' tul Hoch tlhIngan (Read 11871 times)
K`Hare `aj
YaBB Administrator
God of Engineering
BFKC CO
KDB PC
KDB Editor
TF86CO
Engineer
TF86 Senior Staff I
TF86 Senior Staff
Re: Qu'Daj ta'taHvIS Hegh 'e' tul Hoch tlhIngan
Reply #15 - on: Apr 28th, 2005, 2:26pm

Leerless Feeder

K'Hare frowned at the student.  "Is there nothing you would not die for?"

K'Hare 'aj
CO of Klach D'kel Brakt Station
Beta Division CO, Bravofleet
[Bio]
WWW k_hare_bf kharebf IP Logged
K`rahl
BFKC CO
KDB PC
Reply #16 - on: Apr 28th, 2005, 8:11pm

To err is Human, I'm
glad I'm a Klingon

K'rahl looked at S'ol.  "It is a comment on honour and death."

"It is a fundamental aspect to all deaths." he looked around at the varied warriors present, "All should be willing to die, for House, for Empire.  Perhaps for those you call crewmate or even friend.  For a stranger perhaps."

He smiled, "The trick is balancing your wilingness to die with your lust for life.  Never rush to death."
K'rahl Son of Kur'rk
Email IP Logged
sallon
KDB PC
Reply #17 - on: Apr 29th, 2005, 4:01pm

I value my honor
more than your life.

Sallon finally spoke up.  "This might not sound very Klingon.. but I don't want to die.  I don't want to die in service to the Empire, or in the defense of my honor, or anything like that.  I want to live.  I am willing to risk death for many things.  I am willing to fight and kill for honor, and for the Empire, for my comrades.  But that is very different from wanting to die.  My purpose on the battlefield is to let the other guy surrender or die for his cause, not to get killed for mine.  An emphasis on killing and dieing for its own sake obscures what is worth living for.   I would rather die than live without my honor, but that is very different than saying I want to die for honor."
KevinMitcham IP Logged
K`Hare `aj
YaBB Administrator
God of Engineering
BFKC CO
KDB PC
KDB Editor
TF86CO
Engineer
TF86 Senior Staff I
TF86 Senior Staff
Reply #18 - on: Apr 29th, 2005, 6:40pm

Leerless Feeder

"At least you recognize something more important to you than life."  K'Hare took a drink.  "Now, do you test your honor or do you actively avoid situations where your honor would be tested?"
K'Hare 'aj
CO of Klach D'kel Brakt Station
Beta Division CO, Bravofleet
[Bio]
WWW k_hare_bf kharebf IP Logged
sallon
KDB PC
Reply #19 - on: Apr 29th, 2005, 7:46pm

I value my honor
more than your life.

Sallon got a puzzled look on his face.  "No.  I don't do either of those.  I don't go out of my way to test my honor.  I'm not even sure what that would mean, so I can't say I avoid it.  I've taken a job, and I try to complete that job.  I didn't become head of security so I could see how I would handle bribe attempts; I didn't become a soldier to see how I would face danger.  Those tests, if you want to call them that, were incidental to my choices."
KevinMitcham IP Logged
K`rahl
BFKC CO
KDB PC
Reply #20 - on: May 4th, 2005, 12:22am

To err is Human, I'm
glad I'm a Klingon

"This is where our outlook differs from other races and where warriors with little in common as myself and K'Hare can find common ground."

"I would gladly die to stop the planet beneath us from falling."

"I have ordered ships to ram Borg vessels.  Condeming their crew to death but assuring them a place in Sto'Vo'Kor.  Obtaining volunteers to steer the ships has never been a problem.  Many died that way defending the colony world of mu'HamSDa.  Millions saved by the sacrifice of a few hundred.  The names of those that died, the names of their ships, live on on that colony world."

He grinned, "Yes, I too would have died for the Colonials.  Yet it was my duty to lead the fleet.  I did not have the luxury of dying."
K'rahl Son of Kur'rk
Email IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Bravo Fleet Klingon ConnectionKlingon CultureLectures « No topic | Next topic »

Bravo Fleet Klingon Connection » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2005. All Rights Reserved.